How to buy solid wood furniture?
Solid wood furniture is favored by many consumers, but the most important thing about solid wood furniture is raw materials, and now many merchants are cheating. How to identify real solid wood furniture requires a certain amount of effort. Then the editor teaches you three tricks to identify solid wood furniture and refuse to be fooled.
Introduction to the classification of solid wood furniture
Solid wood furniture can be roughly divided into two categories, one is pure solid wood furniture, that is, all the materials used in the furniture are solid wood, and the other is imitation solid wood furniture, which mainly refers to furniture made of solid wood and wood-based panels. Of course, real solid wood furniture is the first type, that is, furniture whose materials have not been reprocessed and do not use any wood-based panels. The following is a detailed introduction to various common types of solid wood furniture, and answers which wood is better for solid wood furniture:
1. Ash: its tree is slightly hard, straight texture, thick structure, beautiful pattern, corrosion resistance, good water resistance, easy to process but not easy to dry, high toughness, good bonding, paint and coloring properties, and good decorative performance. It is the wood that is currently used more for furniture and interior decoration.
2. Beech wood: also written as "Notewood" or "Rui Wood". Produced in southern my country, although it is not a luxurious wood, it is widely used in the folk. Although beech wood is strong and heavy in material and has strong impact resistance, it is easy to bend under steam and can be made into shapes. Its texture is clear, the wood texture is uniform, and the color tone is soft and smooth. It belongs to medium and high-grade furniture materials.
3. Oak: The advantage of oak is that it has a distinct mountain-shaped wood grain, good touch texture, solid texture, firm structure of the finished product, and long service life. The disadvantage is that there are relatively few high-quality tree species, resulting in the widespread use of rubber wood instead of oak in the market. In addition, it may also lead to deformation or shrinkage cracking if the workmanship is not fine.
4. Birch: Its annual rings are slightly obvious, the texture is straight and obvious, the material structure is delicate and soft and smooth, and the texture is soft or moderate. Birch is elastic, easy to crack and warp when dry, and not wear-resistant. Birch is a mid-range wood, both solid wood and wood skin are common.
5. Chinese fir: its material is light and soft, easy to dry, small shrinkage, no warping, good durability, easy to process, coarse cut surface, medium strength, easy to split, good bonding performance, furniture and decoration in southern provinces The most common mid-range wood.
6. Walnut catalpa: Its wood is shiny, the texture is straight or oblique, the structure is slightly thicker, the drying speed is slow, but it is not easy to warp, the wood has good toughness, easy processing, and the cutting surface is smooth. Good bending, painting and bonding performance, strong nail strength.